Friday, June 27, 2008

Damn miserable....



So, I try to keep my blog swear-word free, but I just couldn't resist. My grandma (shown above at about my age) had a heart attack earlier this week and then finally passed away yesterday. The words "damn miserable" were some of the last I will ever hear from her in this life and that just makes me smile because that just was grandma. So this is my little tribute to her. Things I've loved about my grandma:
1.Her name is Hollis Marie Gorrange (probably spelled wrong) Davis-I am named after her
2.Her family and friends growing up called her Holli
3.She loved most of the people in her family ;)-some of them might have been deeply hidden loves!
4.She taught me such terms as "your going to Hell in a had basket." "For Hell's sake." "You little shits!"-that one was used as an endearing term as well as to yell at us! "My precious things."
5.Besides her parents I think she loved her brother Orville the best because he was crazy wild and he made her laugh.
6.She taught me that forgiveness really is more than sayin' sorry and if you don't do it you end up bitter and angry.
7. She taught me a new meaning for the word "Irrigation."
8. She really did love her family and was proud of them, but she would only tell you that if she wasn't feeling well:)
9. She loved geneolgy.
10.I loved her dispite the fact she could be a mean old granny!
11. She was so paranoid that it made me laugh!
12. She loved the gospel of Jesus Christ
13. She loved the temple.
14. She was crazy.

Over all she was a lot of things both good and bad, but most of all she was my granny and I loved her for that. I hope that she finds more peace and happiness in the next life than she did in this one....So granny Holli...till we meet again...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

She sure had two personaltys one that was tired and unhappy with life. The other that I like the best was a goofy joke telling giggler. Just a few weeks ago I was talking to her and she was telling me how much she hated studying Shakespeare because they made her memorize so much of it. She started quoting it “all the world's a stage” and I couldn't help it; I broke in with “ya and theres nothing on worth watching”. We laughed for ten min on that one. I also got a kick watching her give directions to someone on where to place an item. “Just put it over there; no not there over there. Now turn it around; no, the other way. Now slide it over; no the other way.” I'd start laughing and she smile and giggle a little and then she tell me to come closer so she could slap me. Mowing the lawn was always an adventure. She'd stand out on her deck and porch telling me which direction to mow and what spots were missed. Then we would replete the process in the front. Then she would have me take her garbage out. You see she have a particular place she like the can and I would never put it there. And then we would start the “don't put it there put it on the other side” we had some good times. I hope she has found some peace and rest from the pain of old age. I hope the eternal personalty is the goofy one; it really fit her best.

Shellianne said...

sounds about the same as me trying to weed and plant her flowers.

Andrea said...

We'll all miss her dearly especially for the funny stories and how things always had to be just so. I love how she could make any plant grow. Despite how ornery she could be, one of the times I will remember most about her was how she organized a family fast for me when I was so sick and had to make decisions that my mind just wasn't able to make but it made all the difference. She will be sorely missed.

Lance and Nicole said...

She sounds like she used the same language as my grandpa did before he passed away! I got a kick out of this! She really sounded like a neat lady. Lance remembers meeting her and he also said how neat she was.